After some trials and tribulations I have managed to get a post written from Windows Live Writer. Kudos to the MS folks who have worked on this because, for a beta product, the install/uninstall process works very well (three times I tried it). In the end the problems I was having were not because of the installation, but rather the configuration that you are prompted for when you first run the application. At one point you are prompted for the url for the metablog API. I was entering my URL with the full www.igloocoder.com name in it and I would immediately get the following error.
An error occurred while attempting to connect to your weblog:
Invalid Server Response - The response to the blogger.getUsersBlogs method received from the weblog server was invalid.
You must correct this error before proceeding.
Because my site redirects to igloocoder.com, this wasn’t working. I had to enter the domain name minus the www portion and then all was good.